What is it about sun-kissed skin that everyone longs for? Hmm, I can think of a few reasons. You look healthier, don't have to wear as much makeup, and everyone thinks you just came back from the most fabulous getaway.
There are a variety of bronzers on the market to suit your fancy. Read up on what I think of this summer's latest bronzers-on-the-block!
1. Clinique Almost Bronzer SPF 15 ($34 CAD): They call this "almost bronzer" for a reason. If you have a bronzer phobia, but long for a touch of sun you will love this bronzer. The application is very, very sheer. It claims it's long-wearing, but because I received the Light/Medium sample I couldn't see it at all on my skin. It also says it's buildable which I'm sure is true if you have very fair skin. You can combine the two shades for an all over natural colour or use one to contour and the lighter to highlight. For me, this bronzer was a bust especially at $34, mainly because I couldn't truly test its potential and I didn't have a chance to try it on someone fairer than me. Anyone else try this?
2. Lancome Star Bronzer in #3 ($46 CAD): This long-wearing bronzer will be featured this summer in a new slim case with a clic closing. I love the embossed design - it reminds me of sun rays shining over the brand's classic rose emblem. It even has a rose scent to it. The bronzer is lovely on and the shimmer is very subtle so you get the most natural glow. The shade is very buildable and long-wearing. You won't have to worry about looking orange this summer - just pure golden baby! Keep in mind, it comes with a hefty price tag but if you love Lancome and love luxury bronzers this is one to get.
3. Revolution Organics Freedom Glow Beauty Balm in Bronzed ($34 CAD): These eco-friendly beauty balms of goodness are perfect for the "no makeup" makeup look. I love the glow it gives my skin. The sticks are very creamy and sinks into the skin leaving a gorgeous tint of colour behind. It doesn't leave a greasy residue. Don't expect these to last all day though. I found it lasted longer when I didn't prime or put any foundation on. On bare skin, it actually stayed better. These are perfect for when you want a bronzey tan on-the-go or when you're going to the beach. You can swipe the Bronzed shade on your lids, cheeks and lips and you're good to go. Keep in mind, if staying out in hot weather for a long time these can melt! Solution: throw it in with the drinks in your cooler!
4. Vasanti Brazilian Powder - Brightening Mineral Powder ($25 CAD): First, the packaging is beautiful with its unique artisan inspired paperboard with hand made accents. Being the less pricier of the 5, this is an awesome bronzer for what you get. It contains a nutrient-rich formula with anti-aging properties to keep your skin looking radiant and youthful. It has a shimmery finish to it but instead of looking shiny it leaves a gorgeous sheen. You'll be glowing in all the right places! Tip: make sure your skin is properly powdered before applying. Because it is so velvety smooth, I found I had to buff my skin really well before it looked blended.
5. Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder in Deep Chocolate (LE, $40 CAD): You want chocolate? This bronzer is a true rich chocolate. The finish is matte yet silky so you'll never look muddy or dirty. Deep Chocolate is one I recommend for medium-dark to deep skin. I'm no where as tanned as I would be in the height of summer, but if I use it sparingly it leaves a lovely bronzed finish to my skin. I also like using this to contour or as a shadow. It's also available in Rich Cocoa and might be better for someone who has fair to medium skin. Remember to use a bronzer buffing brush or a big powder brush to apply your bronzer so it leaves a believable natural tan!
Top - Bottom: Clinique, Lancome, Revolution Organics, Vasanti, and Bobbi Brown
Have you tried any of these bronzers? What are your favourite bronzers for a natural summer glow?