Thursday, August 4, 2011

Favorites by EllysMakeupbag Blog

By EllysMakeupbag Blog


I was tagged by the lovely Bethany from the blog ...OBSESSIONS to LIVE FOR..., check her out if you haven't. I found that tag quite amusing since summer is here so here I am, sharing with you my summer....(Warning: quite picture heavy)


  1. Lip product- It's the time of the year to pull off bright colours, this year i chose MAC vegas volt to give me a fresh and fun lip colour. It's an amazing orange-coral that also acts as a lip stain when I don't want to look OTT. I don't use a lip liner with that one, to give it a more youthfull, street look.




2. Blush- I don't really wear blush often and during the summer time i prefer a bronzer or a blush that ressembles a bronzer:p It creates definition and a sun-kissed glow which I love. I always pair a highlighter with it to make me look more fresh. MAC refined golden and MAC CCB in hush are a must have for me during summer. A combination i recommend.

3. Nail polish- During the winter i ONLY wear dark shades. In summer, it looks quite ridiculous so pastels, turquoises and bright pinks are my best friend. 


4. Liquid face product- In Greece the weather is way too hot to wear a liquid face product, unless it's sunscreen of course. That one is a given and common sense, so i rather show what i use to cover any problem areas on my face. I spot conceal or cover redness with a concealer or with a stick foundation that will give me coverage and not melt away after 2 minutes.


5. Powder face Product- It's futile to use powder in such heat, but sometimes if i really need to set my makeup I will use a Clinique face powder to keep oils at bay.



6. Hair product- Since i wash my hair so often during summer, after the beach etc...i am a bit lazy to use conditionner so i put on a leave-in conditionner that i also use at the beach to protect my hair. Lazyness being key here, i also tend to wear my hair at it's natural curlyness so a mousse is essential to stop the frizz. At 40 degrees, i doubt anyone wants to sit blowdrying their hair and straightening it.


7. Eye productI want something easy, fast and that lasts. That's why i chose a paintpot, or any waterproof cream eyeshadow for that matter. No need for 5 eyeshadows and 10 liners.

8. Self tanner- I admit, i was never a self tanning addict. I don't mind being as pale as Dita Von Teese, and i don't mind being tan either, but only leading to long hours at the beach. I just don't like the smell and the mentality of self-tanning. I must be the only person in the world:p However, what i use religiously every summer is the Nuxe huile prodigieuse with shimmer. It makes me look shimmery and smells divine. I use that all over my body and in my hair. Also, for the first time in my life i wanted to tan a tiny bit my legs but without being orange, just golden and since i have sensitive skin, i ventured into Avene. It's okay but i loathe the smell of self tan. At least im not an oompa loompa.

9- Fashion accessory- Ray bans, vintage sunglasses and huge earrings is what i prefer. Maybe that will change as soon as i get a Chan Luu wrap bracelet.

10- Clothing piece- Nothing fashionable, but more like a necessity. Tank top and swimming suit. The top of the swimming suit can double up as a bra so it's quite versatile too. 

4 comments:

  1. great faves! i love those earrings

    Alice x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks A lot And We Waiting A Posts more than This bur we need more photos Vedios
    thanks Black Finance Blogs ,,,,
    French Franchising Blog
    French Business Travel

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i absolutely LOVE mac's Vegas Volt, such a gorgeous bright coral colour

    i actually blogged about it really recently too

    http://primpedandprimed.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete