I recently flew to Washington D.C. for the Association of Writers & Writing Programs Conference and had such an amazing time! But the day before flying out was another story. Everywhere I looked I had accumulated piles of stuff to pack, but little idea as to how to fit it all in my suitcase.
I realized a few things about my packing style:
- I pack everything.
- I tend to break my suitcases.
Word to the wise: when in doubt, check your makeup. It would really be a shame for you to discover that one of your favorite items was over 3 oz, or looked shady according to airport security and get thrown away. However, packing pressed powder (which I carry with me all the time) and a small tube of lip gloss is harmless.
Because my stay in was in D.C. was short, I decided to take the essentials.
- CG Smoothers AquaSmooth compact foundation
- ELF tone correcting concealer (this was an experimental item I’d never used before the trip. It’s a little too orangy for my ivory skin tone.)
- Maybelline mineral powder blush (I actually carry my powdered blush in the owl. So fun!)
- Powder brush from Target
- N.Y.C. eyeshadow (this was another impulse buy that turned out to be pretty nifty. I especially like the liquid base and highlighter palette)
- Revlon eyelash curler
- Almay liquid eyeliner
- Maybelline Lash Stiletto waterproof mascara (I swear by this stuff.)
- Q-tips for quick corrections
- Mary Kay Satin Lips (to protect my lips in the cold weather)
- CoverGirl Outlast lip-stain (for effortless looking color)
- Mary Kay signature lip-gloss
- Sally Hansen Xtreme wear (I wear Mint Julep and have received more complements on my nails than ever before. Try it!)
Speaking of conferences, I’m curious if any of you reader’s in the American Makeup community has heard of The Makeup Show LA. At this event, leaders in the makeup industry will be unveiling no products, there will be hands-on workshops led by makeup artists and tons of opportunities to connect with makeup artists and beauty aficionados.