Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Rimmel's Match Perfection Concealer VS. YSL Touche Eclat


I probably don't need to tell you about the success of the Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat highlighting and concealing pen. The cult status beauty essential is the favourite of celebrities and beauty lovers alike for banishing pesky dark circles.
However, as years have gone by, lookalikes have come about by the truck-load, and we think we may have finally found a drugstore brand that hits the nail on the head when it comes to making us appear bright-eyed and bushy-tailed!
It's Rimmel's Match Perfection concealer. Okay, so it's not brand new, but this 2-in-1 highlighter and concealer hasn't been around long, yet is already being tipped as a cheaper yet just as effective alternative to its YSL counter-part.
And I can vouch for its circle-hiding properties after trying it for myself! This is slightly thicker and more pigmented than YSL, but still manages to hide darkness around the eyes without looking cakey, giving a subtle highlight.
With Touche Eclat coming in at £24 from Boots and Rimmel Match Perfection at only £5.99, also from Boots, I'll definitely be opting for the cheaper version from now on! Especially since I can't spot a difference in the final effect.

Source: www.kissandmakeup.tv by Zara Kenyon

1 comment:

  1. Woah! I like how the rimmel one looks... Thanks so much for following me! I followed back :)

    ReplyDelete